The Commerce with Computer Application Department was started in 2006 at the inception of the college with an intake of 39 students which is now 180 and is offering B.Com (CA) Course. The department aims to provide necessary strength to enable the students to innovate and become entrepreneurs through technical advancement. Besides formal education the department imparts the highly essential qualities of team spirit, dedication and the Art of Leadership to its wards. The Department is well equipped with good Lab facilities with high end Configuration. With a good team of young teachers who has apt knowledge the department has produced a good number of ranks at the University Level in the First Batch.
M.Com (CA) is a two year post graduate course. At present all business houses are using computer for maintaining their accounts using different types of accounting software. Hence there is a demand for accounting professionals with strong computer background. Further this course has high scope for employment opportunities and is ideally suited for girls.
Staff Members in Commerce with Computer Application
On the Completion of the programme
- Graduates will be able to develop strong understanding of core Commerce and Computer Application courses.
- Able to take up challenging career options in Commerce and IT sector.
- Motivated to pursue higher education.
- Gain updated knowledge to take up employment.
- To develop an attitude for working effectively and efficiently in a business environment.
- To provide quality education in the field of Commerce with Computer Applications and transform the students into competent .
- To provide in depth knowledge in Commerce and Computer Application courses.
- To provide a strong foundation for higher education
- To train the students in the application of computers in various business operations.
- To nurture the students with the intellectual, personal and societal skills for a holistic education.
Programme Outcome for M.Com (CA)
Graduates will gain a strong foundation of knowledge in different areas of Commerce and Computer Application courses, Graduates will be able to do pursue higher education and take-up jobs in the field of Commerce and Computer Applications and to develop an attitude for working effectively and efficiently in a business environment. In the field of commerce students may get the jobs like Manager, Accountant , Management Accountant, cost Accountant, Bank Manager, Auditor, Company Secretary, Teacher, Professor, Stock Agents, Government employments and so on., Students will prove themselves in different professional exams like C.A. , C S, CMA, MPSC, UPSC. In the field of computer application they may get the opportunities like Data Entry Operator, BPO and they may get lot of jobs in the MNCs.
|S.No||Event Name||College Name||Prize||Year|
|1.||AD ZAP IN COMEX 2K19||JAMAL MOHAMED COLLEGE,TRICHY||SECOND||6.03.2019|
|2.||AD ACT IN SANGAMAM 2K19||ALAGAPPA ARTS COLLEGE,KARAIKUDI||SECOND||4.10.2019|
|3.||AD ZAP IN SYNERGIA||J J COLLEGE OF ARTS & SCIENCE,PUDUKKOTTAI||SECOND||12.2.2020|
|S.No||Date||Event Name||Resource Person Details||No of Students Participated|
Dr.k.Manimegalai, Professor, Department of women studies,
Alagappa university ,
|2.||05/07/2019||Union Budget Telecast||………………………………………||180|
Finesse Club Inauguration
Associative professor of English, The Madura College,(Autonomous) Madurai.
|4.||20.08.2019||Guest Lecture on Financial Literacy: Need of the Hour||Dr. S.Sudhamathi Assistant Professor , Alagappa institute of Management Studies, Alagappa University , Karaikudi||180|
|5.||17.09.2019||Marketing Day||S.Ganesan,General Manager,TIIC,Sivagangai||180|
|6.||18.09.2019||Ad-Act & Pencil Drawing||–||30|
|7.||12.09.2019||Poster Presentation, Mime||–||07|
Parle Buisuits & Senbagam Textiles and Spinners,
|9.||4.10.2019||ISR Extension Activity||
Ilippakudi Govt Higher Secondary School,
|11.||25.01.2020||Inter Department Competition||
A.Karthick & R.Kavitha
BSS Community College