The Department of Microbiology and Clinical Lab Technology was initiated in the Year 2009 to offer the course for Under Graduates in Microbiology and Clinical Lab Technology. The Lab is designed with highly sophisticated equipment and instruments which provide ample opportunities to students for obtaining practical knowledge and implementing theoretical classroom learning in practice. The department comprises a team of technically competent faculty members.
REPORT FOR THE PERIOD OF JUNE 2015- APRIL 16
Bridge course have been conducted on 9th July, 2015 for freshers of our department.
- Dr B.Eswara Priya, Head, Department of Microbiology & CLT have welcome the fresher’s and educated the students regarding rules and regulations of the Department as well as college.
- Mrs.N.Sudha, Assistant Professor, oriented the students on Lab safety and control measures.
- Dr.K.Ilavarasi, Assistant professor, have given the syllabus and narrated the question pattern for appearing in examination. And also she has given the lecture on awareness of utilizing microbial cultures in the diagnostic laboratory.
Mini Project and Publications
Mini projects have been allotted for the 2 batches of final year students. The details of the project works are given below,
- Madhuvanthi, M; Snegavalli, M; Surya, R; Ubashini, S and Suganya, M have done their project entitled “Phytomediated synthesis of copper nanoparticles and its characterization” and it was published in the International Journal of Advances in Biological Sciences, Darshan Publishers on March 2016 (Guided by Dr.B.Eswara Priya).
- Rizwana Burveen, A and Mohana Priya, D have done their project entitled “Synthesis and characterization of silver Nanoparticles using medicinal plants” and it was published in the International Journal of Advances in Biological Sciences, Darshan Publishers on March 2016 (Guided by Mrs.N.Sudha & Dr.K.Ilavarasi).
- Sangavi, K and Sarumathi, V are doing their project entitled “Antibacterial activity of medicinal plants on human pathogens” and it will be published in near future.
Rangoli competition was organized on 10th February 2016 and also totally 30 students from I, II and final year were actively participated in the competition.
Quiz competition was organized on 4th March 2016, totally 40 students were participated in the quiz competition.
Our Department National level conference on “Recent Advances in Modern Microbiology” was conducted on 29.02.2016. The chief guests of our conference were Dr.S.Achiraman, Assistant Professor, Department of Eco- Biotechnology, Bharathidasan University, Trichy and Dr.K.Pandima Devi, Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology, Alagappa University, Karaikudi. Dr.S.Achiraman has delivered his lecture on “Nanotechnology in Medicines”. Dr.K.Pandima Devi has delivered her lecture on “Drug Screening”.
The chief guest Dr.S.Achiraman, Asst.Prof, Dept.of Eco-Biotech, Bharathidasan University has given the assurance for collaboration with our college.